Hannie Caulder Blu-ray
Olive Films | 1971 | 85 min | Rated R | Nov 15, 2016
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Original aspect ratio: 2.35:1
English: LPCM Mono
Single disc (1 BD)
Hannie Caulder (1971) Blu-ray
Female victim of a brutal attack by three thugs learns to shoot and seeks revenge.
Director: Burt Kennedy
Writers: Burt Kennedy, Z.X. Jones
Starring: Raquel Welch, Robert Culp, Ernest Borgnine, Strother Martin, Jack Elam, Diana Dors
Revenge is a loaded gunin director Burt Kennedy's (The Train Robbers) Hannie Caulder. Raquel Welch (One Million Years B.C.,100 Rifles, and Myra Breckinridge) smolders as Hannie, a widow sworn to avenge her own brutal rape and husband's murder at the hands of Emmett (Ernest Borgnine, The Wild Bunch), Frank (Jack Elam, Support Your Local Sheriff), and Rufus (Strother Martin, Cool Hand Luke), three of the most despicable scoundrels to have ever roamed the prairie. Eager for revenge, but lacking the gunfighter's know-how, Hannie soon discovers new confidence and skill when bounty hunter Thomas Luther Price (Robert Culp, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice) teaches her the way of the gun. In no time, Hannie is strapping on her six shooter and setting out toput a few notches on its handle. Co-starring the legendary Christopher Lee (Horror of Dracula), playing against type as a sympathetic gunsmith who befriends her, Hannie Caulder hits its target from ten paces.
- NEW High-Definition digital restoration
- Audio commentary by Western expert and director Alex Cox (Walker, Repo Man)
- "Exploitation or Redemption?" - an examination of rape-revenge movies with film scholar Ben Sher
- "A Very British Horror Studio" - interview with Sir Christopher Frayling on the history of Tigon Studios
- Essay by film critic Miriam Bale
- Newly commissioned artwork
- Optional English SDH subtitles
STREET DATE: NOVEMBER 15.