The Quiet Man Blu-ray
Signature Edition / 4K restoration
Olive Films | 1952 | 129 min | Not rated | Oct 25, 2016
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Original aspect ratio: 1.37:1
English: DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
Single disc (1 BD)
The Quiet Man (Olive Signature Edition)(1952) Blu-ray
A retired boxer from the US returns to the village where he was born in Ireland, where he finds love.
Director: John Ford
Writers: Frank S. Nugent, Maurice Walsh
Starring: John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, Barry Fitzgerald, Ward Bond, Victor McLaglen, Mildred Natwick
The Quiet Man
Synopsis: Sean Thornton (John Wayne, Sands of Iwo Jima), an American boxer with a tragic past, returns to the Irish town of his youth. There, he purchases his childhood home and falls in love with the fiery local lass, Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O'Hara, Rio Grande). But Kate's insistence that Sean conduct his courtship in a proper Irish manner with matchmaker Michaleen Oge Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald, Going My Way) along for the ride as chaperone is but one obstacle to their future together; the other is her brother, " Red" Danaher (Victor McLaglen, Rio Grande), who spitefully refuses to give his consent to their marriage, or to honor the tradition of paying a dowry to the husband. Sean couldn't care less about dowries or any other tradition that might stand in the way of his happiness. But when Mary Kate accuses him of being a coward, Sean is finally ready to take matters into his own hands.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- Mastered from 4K scan of original camera negative
- Audio commentary with John Ford biographer Joseph McBride
- Tribute to Maureen O'Hara with Ally Sheedy, Hayley Mills, and Juliet Mills
- " Don't You Remember It, Seánín?: John Ford's The Quiet Man" - a visual essay by historian and John Ford expert Tag Gallagher
- "Free Republic: The Story of Herbert J. Yates and Republic Pictures"
- "The Old Man: Remembering John Ford" - an appreciation of the director with Peter Bogdanovich
- " The Making of The Quiet Man" – Written and hosted by Leonard Maltin
- Optional English SDH subtitles
STREET DATE: OCTOBER 25.