The Thing Blu-ray
Shout Factory | 1982 | 1 Movie, 2 Cuts | 109 min | Rated R | Oct 11, 2016
Two-disc set (2 BD-50)
The Thing (Collector's Edition)(1982) Blu-ray
A twelve-man research team stationed in Antarctica finds an alien being that has fallen from the sky and has been buried for over 100,000 years.
Director: John Carpenter
Writers: Bill Lancaster, John W. Campbell, Jr.
Starring: Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, T.K. Carter, David Clennon, Keith David, Richard Dysart
Synopsis: Horror-meister John Carpenter teams Kurt Russell's outstanding performance with incredible visuals to build this chilling version of the classic The Thing. In the winter of 1982, a twelve-man research team at a remote Antarctic research station discovers an alien buried in the snow for over 100,000 years. Once unfrozen, the form-changing alien wreaks havoc, creates terror and becomes one of them.
- NEW 2K scan of the Inter-positive supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
- NEW 4.1 created from the original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo soundtrack
- NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Dean Cundey
- NEW The Men of Outpost 31 - interviews with Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney and more…
- NEW Assembling and Assimilation – an interview with editor Todd Ramsay
- NEW Behind the Chameleon – interviews with visual effects artists Peter Kuran and Susan Turner, special make-up effects artist Rob Burman and Brian Wade and more….
- NEW Sounds from the Cold – interviews with supervising sound editor David Lewis Yewdall and special sound effects designer Alan Howarth
- NEW Between the Lines – an interview with novelization author Alan Dean Foster
- Audio Commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – a documentary on the making of THE THING featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, special effects make-up designer Rob Bottin, legendary matte artist Albert Whitlock plus - members of the cast and crew (80 minutes – SD)
- Outtakes (5 minutes - SD)
- Vintage featurettes from the electronic press kit featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell and Rob Bottin (12 minutes - SD)
- Vintage featurettes – The Making of a Chilling Tale and The Making of THE THING (1982 – 14 minutes - SD)
- Vintage Product Reel – contains a promotional condensed version of the film with additional footage not in the film (19 minutes - SD)
- Vintage Behind-the-Scenes footage (2 minutes - SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art and Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 minutes - SD)
- Network TV Broadcast version of THE THING (92 minutes - SD)
- Teaser Trailer & Theatrical Trailers (U.S. and German Trailer)
- TV spots & Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (behind-the-scenes photos, posters and lobby cards)
- AND MORE...