- US RELEASED DISC.
- (REGION FREE) PLAYS ON REGION ABC BLU-RAY PLAYERS.
Aspect ratio: 2.38:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
English: Dolby Digital 5.1
French: Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono
English, English SDH, French, Spanish
25GB Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD)
Blazing Saddles (1974)
"My name is Jim, but most people call me...Jim." And most people call Blazing Saddles deliriously funny. Filmmaker, star and paddle-ball whiz Mel Brooks goes way out West and way out of his mind with a spiffy spoof set in an 1874 Old West where 1974 Hollywood is just one soundstage away-and where nonstop fun blasts prejudices to the high comedy heavens. Cleavon Little, Gene Wilder, Slim Pickens, Harvey Korman, Madeline Kahn and more join for horseplay and horselaughs, making Blazing Saddles the #6 choice among the American Film Institute's Top 100 Comedies. Give these out to the boys in lieu of pay. And enjoy.
Starring: Cleavon Little, Gene Wilder, Slim Pickens, Harvey Korman, David Huddleston, Mel Brooks
Director: Mel Brooks
Blazing Saddles, one of Warner Bros.' most successful ever, is listed as #6 on the American Film Institute's (AFI) list of the best comedies of all time. First released in 1974, the movie grossed nearly $120 million at the domestic box office and has sold more than 4.6 million Blu-rays and DVDs. The Western film genre spoof is one of Brooks' most commercially successful films, along with Young Frankenstein, also released that same year.
Official Synopsis: Blazing Saddles stars Cleavon Little as an unlikely sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, Harvey Korman as the villain, Madeline Kahn as a Marlene Dietrich-style chanteuse, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid and Brooks himself as a dimwitted politico. Once the lunatic film gets started, logic is lost in a blizzard of gags, jokes, quips, puns and outrageous assaults upon good taste or any taste at all. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards: Supporting Actress for Kahn, Best Editing and Best Song.
Tech specs have yet to be detailed. Special features and bonus content includes:
- NEW - Blaze of Glory: Mel Brooks' Wild, Wild West - Brooks reflects on his own movie-making chutzpah, Blazing Saddles' lasting cultural impact on audiences of all generations, and alongside co-stars Gene Wilder and Madeline Kahn, proves why his film is one of the funniest and most outrageous film ever made.
- 10 Exclusive Art Cards with funny quotes and images from the film
- Audio Commentary with Mel Brooks.
- Back in the Saddle: cast reunion documentary.
- Black Bart: 1975 television pilot inspired by the movie.
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailer