The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years Blu-ray
Universal Music | 2016 | 206 min | Nov 22, 2016
Two-disc set (2 BD)
The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (Deluxe Edition)(2016) Blu-ray
A compilation of found footage featuring music, interviews and stories of the Beatles 250 concerts from 1963 to 1966.
Director: Ron Howard
Writer: Mark Monroe
Starring: Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, John Lennon, The Beatles
Featuring rare and exclusive footage from the early Beatles' journey in the days of The Cavern Club in Liverpool to their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 1966.
The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years is based on the first part of The Beatles' career (1962-1966) – the period in which they toured and captured the world's acclaim.
Ron Howard's film will explore how John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr came together to become this extraordinary phenomenon, "The Beatles."
DELUXE EDITION CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Blu-ray - Feature presentation
- Bonus Blu-ray Disc (containing approx. 100 minutes of extras, highlighted below)
- 64 page booklet with an introduction from director Ron Howard, essay by music journalist and author Jon Savage and rare photos from The Beatles' private archive
- Words & Music (24 mins) - John, Paul, George & Ringo reflect on songwriting and the influence of music from their parents' generation, Lennon/McCartney writing for other artists, The Beatles as individual musicians, and the band as innovators. - Also featuring Howard Goodall, Peter Asher, Simon Schama and Elvis Costello. The interviews with Paul and Ringo are unseen.
- Early Clues To A New Direction (18 mins) - A special feature touching on The Beatles as a collective, the importance of humour, the impact of women on their early lives and songwriting, and the band as a musical movement. Featuring John, Paul, George & Ringo, along with Paul Greengrass, Stephen Stark, Peter Asher, Malcolm Gladwell, Sigourney Weaver, Whoopi Goldberg, Richard Curtis, Elvis Costello and Simon Schama. Again the interviews with Paul and Ringo are unseen.
- Liverpool (11 mins) - The early days in Liverpool of the late 1950's and early 1960's are brought vividly to life by those who worked closely with them at that time including fan club secretary Freda Kelly, Allan Williams an early manager, and Leslie Woodhead multi-award winning documentary film director.
- The Beatles in Concert (12 mins) - Five great but rarely seen full length performances of The Beatles live in concert - Twist and Shout, She Loves You, Can't Buy Me Love, You Can't Do That and Help!
ADDITIONAL STANDARD BONUS FEATURES:
- Three Beatles' Fans
- Ronnie Spector and The Beatles
- Shooting A Hard Day's Night
- The Beatles in Australia
- Recollections of Shea Stadium
- The Beatles in Japan
- An alternative opening for the film