Star Trek Into Darkness 4K Blu-ray
4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Copy
Paramount Pictures | 2013 | 132 min | Rated PG-13 | Jun 14, 2016
Codec: HEVC / H.265
Resolution: 4K (2160p)
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
Three-disc set (3 BDs)
4K Ultra HD
Star Trek Into Darkness 4K (2013) 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
Sequel to the 2009 Academy Award-winning spin-off of the classic 1960s sci-fi adventure series. Captain Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise are called back to Earth after a devastating force from within their organisation leaves the planet in chaos and Starfleet in pieces. Determined to settle the score, Kirk embarks on a manhunt with the rest of his crew including Spock, Scotty and Chekov to find the party responsible before their whole world is laid to waste.
Director: J.J. Abrams
Writers: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Damon Lindelof
Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho
Star Trek Into Darkness 4K Blu-ray
The UHD Disc is presented in 4K high definition with English Dolby Atmos
- Feature film in 4K UHD – IMAX Version
Blu-ray Disc #1
- Feature film in high definition – IMAX Version
- Enhanced commentary
- The Mission Continues PSA
Blu-ray Disc #2
- The Voyage Begins…Again – Go behind-the-scenes as filming begins on the next Star Trek adventure.
- Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
- Introducing the Villain
- Rebuilding the Enterprise – See the design and construction of a bigger, interconnected Enterprise set.
- National Ignition Facility: Home of the Core – Location shooting at the National Ignition Facility.
- Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
- Aliens Encountered – The design and application of alien makeup.
- The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
- The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film's true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
- Vengeance is Coming – A comprehensive look at the design and production surrounding the black ship.
- Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
- Mr. Spock and Mr. Spock – Leonard Nimoy makes a cameo appearance and reflects on his history with Trek.
- Down with the Ship – Discover the stunt & VFX work involved to make the Enterprise roll over.
- Kirk and Spock – Explore the dynamic relationship between the film's heroes.
- Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film's breathtaking climax.
- Fitting the Future – A look at the film's out-of-this-world costumes.
- Property of Starfleet – Sourcing and tracking the film's myriad props.
- Unlocking the Cut – A discussion with the film editors about their monumental task.
- Visual Affection – A comprehensive look at the creation and implementation of visual effects.
- The Sounds of Music (and FX) – A discussion with film composer Michael Giacchino and sound designer Ben Burtt.
- Safety First – A prank pulled on the cast.
- Continuing the Mission – An inspiring look at the partnership between the film's crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
- Theatrical Trailers