The Cameraman Blu-ray
Criterion | 1928 | 69 min | Not rated | Jun 16, 2020
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Original aspect ratio: 1.33:1
Music: LPCM 2.0
Single disc (1 BD-50)
The Cameraman (1928)
Hopelessly in love with a woman working at MGM Studios, a clumsy man attempts to become a motion picture cameraman to be close to the object of his desire.
Directors: Edward Sedgwick, Buster Keaton
Writers: Clyde Bruckman, Lew Lipton
Starring: Buster Keaton, Marceline Day
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 4K RESTORATION undertaken by the Cineteca di Bologna, the Criterion Collection, and Warner Bros.
- New score by composer Timothy Brock, conducted by Brock and performed by the orchestra of the Teatro Comunale di Bologna in 2020, presented in uncompressed stereo
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Glenn Mitchell, author of A–Z of Silent Film Comedy: An Illustrated Companion
- Spite Marriage (1929), Buster Keaton's next feature for MGM following The Cameraman, in a new 2K restoration, with a 2004 commentary by film historians John Bengtson and Jeffrey Vance
- Time Travelers, a new documentary by Daniel Raim featuring interviews with Bengtson and film historian Marc Wanamaker
- So Funny It Hurt: Buster Keaton & MGM, a 2004 documentary by film historians Kevin Brownlow and Christopher Bird
- New interview with James L. Neibaur, author of The Fall of Buster Keaton: His Films for MGM, Educational Pictures, and Columbia
- PLUS: An essay by film critic Imogen Sara Smith
DISC & SHIPPING:
- Brand New Factory Sealed.
- US Released Disc.
- Free Shipping Worldwide.
- Ships from the USA.
BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL COPY:
- The Blu-ray Disc is Region A and will only play on NTSC/Region Free Blu-ray Players.
- If the product comes with a DVD, the DVD is Region A and will only play on NTSC/Region Free Players.
- If the product comes with a Digital Copy, the Digital Copy may not play in your region.
- We cannot guarantee that this item will come with a slipcover if applicable.